1. Physical Violence
Physical violence occurs when someone uses a part of their body or an object to control a person’s actions.
Physical violence includes, but is not limited to:
- Using physical force which results in pain, discomfort or injury;
- Hitting, pinching, hair-pulling, arm-twisting, strangling, burning, stabbing, punching, pushing, slapping, beating, shoving, kicking, choking, biting, force-feeding, or any other rough treatment;
- Assault with a weapon or other object;
- Threats with a weapon or object;
- Deliberate exposure to severe weather or inappropriate room temperatures; and,